As your primary dental care provider, your general dentist’s job is to diagnose, treat, manage, and preserve your overall oral health. This is achieved through a variety of practices and procedures aimed at protecting your natural teeth, gums, and oral tissue from serious buildup, infections, and diseases. Here are a few of the most common procedures Dr. Eddie Orobitg performs to maintain the quality of your smile.
Some of Our Common General Dentistry Procedures
Dr. Orobitg makes sure your teeth look great, function properly, and remain healthy with exams and procedures such as:
- Bonding – Basically makeup for teeth, bonding is a treatment that applies several layers of tinted plastic resin onto chipped, gapped, decayed, discolored, or fractured teeth. The resin is then hardened, shaped, and polished to resemble a smooth part of your natural tooth.
- Bridges and Implants – Whereas bridges consist of a replacement tooth anchored between two neighboring crowns, a dental implant is an artificial tooth root that is screwed into the jawbone and coupled with a replacement tooth.
- Caps and Crowns – Used to cover broken, decayed, misshapen, or stained teeth, caps and crowns are made of acrylic, metal, and porcelain — which more closely resemble natural teeth. When appropriate to your needs, Dr. Orobitg uses CEREC crowns which can be fitted, fashioned and put into place in the same-appointment.
- Cleanings – Professional teeth cleanings by Dr. Orobitg’s dental hygienists are necessary to remove bacteria and dental plaque.
- Extractions – To prevent the spread of infection, severely damaged teeth that cannot be saved may be extracted.
- Fillings – Dental fillings are used to restore teeth and stop decay, such as cavities, from growing.
- Oral Exams and Screenings – Preventative oral exams are useful in catching early signs of tooth decay and dental disease such as oral cancer.
- Sealants – Thin, plastic coatings that adhere to the chewing surface of your back molars, sealants protect your teeth by helping to prevent cavities and reduce your risk of tooth decay.
In addition, Dr. Orobitg also performs some periodontal procedures such as dental implants and some endodontic procedures, such as root canals.
General Dental Care Habits
While your general dentist takes care of your more complex dental needs, you can help improve your dental health as a patient by:
- properly brushing and flossing each day
- using a fluoride toothpaste
- including mouthwash in your daily routine
- limiting soda, coffee, and alcohol intake
- only using your teeth to chew tooth-friendly foods
- visiting your general dentist regularly
Your Leesburg General Dentist
Let Eddie Orobitg, D.M.D. take care of all your general dentistry needs. For over 20 years, Dr. Orobitg has treated the Leesburg community with quality dental checkups and procedures, including fillings, crowns, bridges, and root canals. If you are in need of quality dental care, schedule your appointment today by calling (352) 787-5919.