Dentists recommend bi-annual visits for important reasons. Mouth health can be an indicator of your overall health, so it is crucial to get a checkup every six months. In addition to oral conditions, Dr. Orobitg and his staff may identify signs you should be checked further by your physician or healthcare professional for conditions such as diabetes, bone disease or heart disease. But, beyond this, regular teeth cleanings can improve your quality of life in a few other ways as well.
- Protect teeth – It all starts with the teeth. A toothache, though it might seem like a small thing, can seriously impact your everyday life. You could have severe difficulty eating, sleeping, and focusing at home or work. During a regular teeth cleaning, your dentist can keep your teeth in top shape by scraping off plaque and tartar, preventing cavities and tooth decay.
- Screen for gum disease – Gum disease can mean a lot more than decaying or losing teeth, as bad as these things are. Studies have demonstrated the link between it and other health conditions like pancreatic cancer, heart attacks, and strokes. Teeth cleanings along with self-care like brushing and flossing can keep gums disease-free.
- Whiten smile and freshen breath – Coffee, though an essential part of so many of our daily routines, is the enemy of white teeth and clean-smelling breath. Tobacco is even worse. Although brushing teeth and flossing at home regularly will help mitigate the effects of yellowing and pungent food and drink, dental cleanings can give you more confidence in your smile.
- Get dental care feedback – You might think that your mouth-care routine is practically perfect, but you may still be far off the mark. Whether your flossing technique needs work (or application), your brush strokes are sloppy, or you are neglecting something essential altogether, your dentist will be able to give you honest feedback for improvement.
- Save money – Check to see if your employer offers coverage for routine dental visits. These visits will keep your mouth healthy and reduce the risk of diseases or complications, which require much more expensive and drastic treatments. Going to the dentist every six months could save you a lot of money and discomfort in the long run.
Leesburg Dental Care
We love that our patients sometimes stop in just to say hello for the warm welcome they receive from our entire Orobitg dental team. Our staff excels at making sure your dental needs are met with care, comfort, and attention to detail. To learn more about the procedures we perform or to schedule an appointment, please give us a call at 352-787-5919.